Using cookies on Mapsbyyou
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can recognise you when you revisit and remember certain information about you. This can include which pages you have visited, choices you have made from menus, any specific information you have entered into forms and the time and date of your visit. Should you wish to learn more about cookies and how to manage cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org
There are two main types of cookies:
- Session cookies: these are temporary cookies that expire at the end of a browser session; that is, when you leave the site. Session cookies allow the website to recognise you as you navigate between pages during a single browser session and allow you to use the website most efficiently. For example, session cookies enable a website to remember that a user has placed items in an online shopping basket.
- Persistent cookies: in contrast to session cookies, persistent cookies are stored on your equipment between browsing sessions until expiry or deletion. They therefore enable the website to "recognise" you on your return remember your preferences and tailor services to you.
In addition to session cookies and persistent cookies, there may be other cookies which are set by the website which you have chosen to visit, such as this website, in order to provide us or third parties with information.
What kind of cookies does Mapsbyyou.com use?
Essential operational cookies
We use session cookies to:
- help us maintain security and verify your details whilst you use the website as you navigate from page to page, which enables you to avoid having to re-enter your details each time you enter a new page.
We use persistent cookies to:
- help us recognise you as a unique user when you return to our website so that you do not have to input your details multiple times as you move between our pages or services
- remember how you have customised your use of this site, such as your preferred currency and time zone
- collect and compile anonymous, aggregated information for statistical and evaluation purposes to help us understand how users use the website and help us improve the structure of our website.
3rd party cookies
3rd party analytical cookies
To opt out of Google Analytics, this tool can be helpful: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
3rd party interest based advertising cookies
Opt out of 3rd party interest based advertising cookies: Network Advertising Initiative for Opt Out
Other 3rd party cookies
Currently we are not aware of any other 3rd party cookies.
Ongoing Review - last updated on 5 June 2014